Dimplex DXAPV3N Air Purifier, Plastic, 25 W, White
- Stock : In Stock
- Product Code: B074LWHTN4
- Brand : dimplex
A stylish air purifier with combined carbon and HEPA filter
Combined HEPA and Carbon filter with 99. 97% efficiency
Captures dust, pollen and pet dander
Viro3 ionisation technology reduces airborne allergens
Suitable for room size up to 28m²
Day/ night speed setting
|Product Dimensions||13.3 x 24.8 x 33.3 cm; 1.4 Kilograms|
|Item model number||DXAPV3N|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Sound level||50 dB|
|Item Weight||1.4 kg|
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 17 June 2020Works ok. Good filter, quiet-ish fan. Crackly ioniser noise can be fixed.Bought this to try and reduce the amount of pollen in the air and help reduce hay fever symptoms.Works fine - but as others have noticed, it sometimes makes a rather annoying 'clicking' sound.I took mine apart (see photos - don't try this at home, and if you do, make sure you un-plug the unit first, put on your safety squints, and have your mother on speed-dial) and it seems the electrodes for the ioniser module (the red and black wires that are dangling in the breeze) are prone to arcing over which causes an irritating crackling noise. I solved this by simply spreading the two wires slightly further apart.Not sure if this will reduce the effectiveness of the ioniser module, but I really just want this as a fan/filter.With that modification, the fan is not whisper-quiet, but certainly it's tolerable to have in the bedroom overnight.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 20 July 2021Fan impeller came offLike others, the fan impeller came off within about a minute of turning this on. After some good discussion with Amazon, they agreed a partial refund, since a replacement isn't in stock. I then did the repair myself.Like another reviewer Leo said, get your mother on speed dial (unexpected AvE quote!) and only do this if your happy messing with mains voltage stuff.The motor is a 240V AC motor, rather than a DC computer fan, which is good. The ioniser has carbon fiber bristles, so efficient (thanks Big Clive!)It's far from silent but it's noise is not offensive. Full speed might be a bit loud for a bedroom, low speed is probably fine. everyone is different though.The filter fitment isn't great, it doesn't conform to the curve of the back plate, but it's probably good enough. Unfortunately this means the air coming out of the unit isn't fully filtered, some will have bypassed the filter.Exhaust is at the top on the front.The fix was easy. Four cross head screws and the whole device opens up and is simple inside. I added a bit of Loctite blue to the fan and pushed it back on the motor shaft.There is loads of unused space in this. More than enough to fit a SonoffBasic or similar to give you wi-fi control while hiding away all the mess, if you're into that sort of thing.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 30 May 2020DisappointingFirst impression was good, nice and quiet even on high speed setting, however after a few minutes it started making a noise like the fan had come loose.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 23 June 2021Reduce my hayfever problemWhoever had hayfever will know, how difficult to sleep during night time.By using this over the whole night, i really can sleep well through out the night.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 26 June 2021Fall apart within 2 minutes.The first unit came with the fan loose in the unit, so had it replaced. The second one lasted all of 2 minuted before the fan also fell off the motor.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 11 July 2021ScaryWent ‘bang’ and started rattling within 5 mins of turning on.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 29 June 2021Broke within half an hourInternal fan fell off and the smell of burning plastic filled the room within 30 mins. Very disappointed given the price
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 31 May 2020Quality issue or one off faulty fan bearings?The fan on either speed emits a grinding plastic noise as if the bearings are going. It’s unusable at night during sleep.Will return or replace it with Amazon or Dimplex. The air quality is good after use though. Shame about the grinding noise.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 16 August 2021Broke straight awayBroke straight away , awful cheap product
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 20 October 2020cannot get a filter replacementHappy with the product but regret buying it as i cannot find a replacement filteranywhere even on its website. Now we cannot use it.
Customer questions and answers
- What is the electrical flash inside the unit?Mine does a similar thing: If you look through the gap at the top, there are 2 black wires which seem to be intentionally placed there, and a spark/current of electricity goes between each of them. In the dark this is extremely visible and sound of it sparking is easily heard over the machine itself. It's not a one-off… see more Mine does a similar thing: If you look through the gap at the top, there are 2 black wires which seem to be intentionally placed there, and a spark/current of electricity goes between each of them. In the dark this is extremely visible and sound of it sparking is easily heard over the machine itself. It's not a one-off spark like a malfunction, it's a constant occurrence. Just wondering if anyone knows why it does this? see less
- Where can I get a replacement filter?Hello, Replacement filters can be purchased directly from dimplex.co.uk using part code 038852, or alternatively various online retailers including Amazon will stock these (same part number). Thank you for using Q&A
- How often do you need to change the filterHello Mohammed, It is recommended to replace the filter at least every 2000 hours of use.
- Where can I buy filter for this machine??Unknown