VonHaus 2.7m Tilting Garden Parasol – UV30+ - Outdoor Umbrella with Crank & Tilt Function – Ivory/Cream
- Stock : In Stock
- Product Code: B06XC8RPDG
- Brand : vonhaus
Stylish tilting garden parasol for optimum sunshade and UV protection with 2.7m canopy and tilt & crank mechanism
Made from a rust-resistant powder coated steel frame with a hardwearing polyester cover in classic ivory. Tilt mechanism allows you to easily angle and adjust the canopy
Features a crank mechanism for easy opening and closing as well as an air vent at the top - aids through flow of air and prevents wind pulling up the parasol
The parasol measures D270 X H240cm, weighs 4.7kg and has a robust pole diameter of 38mm. We recommend securing the parasol in a sturdy base (not included)
Manufacturer 2 Year Warranty Included
|Product Dimensions||142 x 14.5 x 14 cm; 4.7 Kilograms|
|Item model number||22/062|
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 13 May 2018Beautiful Parasol but choose your base wiselyThe parasol is very nice and exactly as stated and delivered quickly. It will look beautiful on my patio.However just a note for the less-wise internet purchaser.....if you intend to use this 2.7m parasol free-standing and not through a table you will need a parasol base heavier than the 12kg stand recommended to be brought with this on Amazon. A slight breeze and within 30 seconds of putting this up (the leaves on the hedge barely moved, not even sure if it registered on the Beaufort scale - is there a word to describe something less that a slight breeze?) and in slow motion we watched ours start falling, some shouting of OMG it's falling over, managed to catch it (phew) and just ordered a heavier base....so parasol is perfect the only thing wrong was my knowledge of parasol physics vs wind at time of purchase.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 2 July 2018Sturdy and UsefulGood, sturdy parasol which winds up and down easily with the crank. The tilt function is useful though I'd rather naively - I now realise! - thought it would be possible to adjust it to several different angles whereas it's just to one side or the other. It casts a good amount of shade and it certainly feels cooler underneath it. Has brought some welcome relief to plants that were getting frazzled in the heatwave!
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 25 June 2019I am not sure how they do it for this priceI have been looking for a new parasol for a while. Not that the summer has been that great so far (I am writing this in late June 2019). My last parasol lasted 11 years before finally disintegrating last winter when I forgot to bring in inside. It is not often you actually need one of these in the UK climate, especially in the North of England where I live but where you do then they come in very useful indeed. And a good parasol looks great too and can add an extra dimension of style and sophistication to any garden, even when not erected.I thought that this was a bit "too good to be true" when I saw it. A full sized garden parasol for just over £20? Really? OK so you have to pay a fiver for delivery which is a bit of a chew but if it was £25 including free delivery I wouldn't have battered an eye other than think it was still too cheap and could not possibly be good quality. I had a look in a couple of those garden centre type places and didn't see one for less than £40 and that was smaller than this and didn't look great.This arrived quickly the next day and was easy to assemble, just a matter of putting one bit into another. There is a natty handle mechanism to wind up the umbrella bit that works well and is easy enough to work out, even for me.It is branded as "VonHaus" whcih is a name I have not come across before. A bit of searching and it seems that the brand is owned by a company called DOMU UK which is a privately owned company based in Manchester. DOMU is, apparently, one of the fastest growing companies in the North West at the moment and, on the basis of the quality / price / service regarding this parosol, I can understand why.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 25 April 2019Not value for moneyJust used it once for few days last summer, opened it last week only to realise that the tilt mechanism is broken just after a windy day. Cannot use it anymore as it keeps falling even pulling the heavy weight with it. Damaged just within a year. Not value for money. It’s a shame that the actual cloth is of good quality but the material used for the tilt mechanism is very flimsy.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 4 September 2019Easy to operate & Very Sturdy, Good Value, Good Company.I purchased this VonHaus Parasol for my back garden as my old one was well worn. I purchased this from Amazon from DOMU UK, they are a GREAT COMPANY TO DEAL WITH, I had a slight problem on my first delivery date, but after contacting the company, they pulled out all the stops and my delivery was sent next day. This is a well made parasol and very sturdy, and easy to open and close. I would Highly Recommend this Company, if you are thinking of getting a new garden parasol. In this day and age it is nice to know that they are dealers that you can trust to deliver on time.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 3 June 2021Excellent Quality, Smooth OperationJust received my parasol, it was well packaged and undamaged, it slotted together in five seconds, it's that easy! Then out to the garden, through the hole in the middle of the table, and into the weighted base I've had for years, the quality is exceptional, underneath the parasol is a crank handle, turn it and you hear a gentle " clicking sound" and the parasol opens so smoothly, to take it down, turn the handle in the reverse direction. I purchased the cream colour and it's beautiful, it looks stunning! All in all, I'm super pleased, and I'd recommend this product. Oh I had a great deal, as it was reduced to £39.99! Bargain!
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 5 July 2020Great umbrellaVery sturdy, good quality umbrella. Easy to assemble and set up. Crank mechanism is working well, but confusing at times which direction to turn it to. However it is not a problem. Tilting option is also good. You can tilt it only one direction - so you will need to turn the base with umbrella as sun travels. My garden is south-facing so in order to tilt it north-east and north-west against the sun I had to turn the base. No problem though if you need to tilt it opposite directions of South-North or East-West.Umbrella itself looks beautiful in the garden. Following advise from the earlier reviews I purchased a 20kg stand for it and it holds umbrella very well. Today was a very windy day and I had no problem with umbrella at all. It stayed firmly in its place.Very happy with it, especially for what I've got for the price.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 4 August 2020Very classy piece of garden furnitureThis looks lovely and is so easy to put up. I’m glad I got a parasol with a crank. I do feel that it sways slightly in the wind, but probably just needs a slight adjustment. The tilt mechanism is also very simple - though I’m too short (5’ tall) to reach it -and it does the job very well. I’m very pleased with my purchase. It arrived several days before expected which was a bonus.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 14 July 2019I like the handleBought to replace a wooden parasol that was 3-4 years old and the canopy was past it. Deliberately bought this because it has a handle to wind the parasol up instead of pulling on ropes as you do with the wooden ones. Much, much better. Metal construction, time will tell on how well it lasts. From memory about half the price of the parasol it replaced (although slightly smaller).
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 15 May 2018Good quality and easy to use.Purchased stand and parasol together. Arrived on time. Quick and easy to assemble. Only been using it for a few days but first impressions are that the build quality is good and the weighted base appears to do the job.
Customer questions and answers
- Is this waterproof material ?It's so posed to be as I have only just purchased it. I only have used it on sunny day in my garden I don't think I will use it on a wet day as I keep it under cover will not in use but it looks as if its waterproof hope that helps you my friend.
- How easy is the Ivory colour to keep clean?Only had it out for about 3 months. Hasn't crossed my mind about cleaning it. I have always found rain does a good job
- Besides using a heavy base, are there any other tips and tricks for making it more resistant in heavier winds?We use a heavy marble base ( Robert Dyas) and when wind gets too strong just lower the parasol.
- what is the length of this when all folded and packed away?Hi, The parasol come apart into two pieces the longer of which is 1.35m ( approach 53 inchs). Reagrds.