Outdoor 6 Sided Black Wall Lantern Security Light Complete With PIR Motion Sensor Detector IP43 Weatherproof With Lamp
- Stock : In Stock
- Product Code: B00C2A0NSU
- Brand : powermaster
PIR Range: Up to 8m
Complete With 1 x 60W ES Gls Lamp
PIR Angle: 120 Degree
|Package Dimensions||28 x 23.4 x 16.8 cm; 1.22 Kilograms|
|Item display height||37 centimetres|
|Item display width||23 centimetres|
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 4 November 2020Unfit for purposeThe lamp was fitted precisely as described in the supplier instructions. It was a direct replacement for a similar lamp. Adjustment to the light level and time period were carried out exactly as specified in the instructions. But whatever time adjustment was made, the lamp continually came on and off. No object, person or movement was needed to cause the lamp to light up. The light had to be turned off at the switch indoors to stop the light cycling on/off all night! This was done to prevent annoyance to our neighbours. This rendered the lamp useless and it was disconnected. I now have purchased a working lamp from elsewhere.The unit has an obvious fault and is not fit for purpose. The seller asked me if I had pre-set the settings prior to fitting, but there was no instruction to carry this out. Avoid!
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 18 October 2020UnreliableI bought 2 of these. Periodically through the first 6 months, I would have to ensure I switched these off at the mains to allow the PIR to reset. The sensitivity controls were very temperamental, and at times the lamp would not work if I adjusted any of the settings while the lamp was on.One lamp failed after 9 months, the other after 11. The 9 month one stopped altogether, and the 11 month one could only be used as a normal switchable porch light. My warranty replacements arrived promptly (great customer service from the manufacturers), but one of them did not work out of the box!I bought these ornamental ones for the front of the house, but I have had a ring of standard PIR lights around the sided of the house and round the garage that have worked perfectly for 10 years, and have not even had a bulb change. That probably tells you all you need to know about these lamps - the PIR modules in these lamps were probably a Friday afternoon batch!! A real shame, as I like the look of them.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 8 February 2020Great looking lamp. Motion works well. Excellent service from the supplier.Nice looking lamp. It replaced another coach lamp that had rusted over the years. The fitting is a little flimsy and I couldn't get it to sit perfectly flat against the wall. Other than that minor issue, everything works fine. The lamp looks great, the motion sensing works just as expected and the included bulb was a welcome addition.UPDATE: I bought a second lamp recently which required some support from the seller. The service was excellent and the seller resolved my issue with no fuss. Updated the rating to 5 stars as a result.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 24 June 2021Basic PIR Carriage Lamp, not rainproofThe Powermaster 6 sided PIR wall lantern works well enough provided one can keep the rain out of the electrics. Installation is fiddly.As supplied, if fitted in an exposed position, the top cover and wall mounting will leak and trip the house wiring RCD. Additional sealing is required both here and for the various nuts to prevent this.Being metal this lamp housing must be correctly earthed, and we fitted an LED ES bulb. The instructions are minimal, but sufficient for a suitably qualified electrician.For best results it requires the electrician to install it with hidden three core flex wiring (not solid core house wire) through the back of the plastic mount directly into the wall with liberal quantities of silicone. This should prevent any rain running down the wall from entering the works or the wall-hole into the house.The PIR is basic with minimal controls. The lamp housing needs to be positioned such that the PIR lens has the best view of motion in the area to be lit.Lining the top cover with some shiny kitchen foil gave a much brighter spread of light down onto the ground.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 11 November 2015Good but be careful with the wiring.No disappointments on delivery. Appears well made for the price and functions properly.A few points as follows:1. The wall fixing holes are on the diagonal so a little harder to align. Suggest making a template out of card to mark the drilling positions.2. The wiring block can be received as dislodged from the backing plate peg and can consequently become inverted. As the wiring position markings are on the backing plate this could lead to confusion. I suggest beforehand take a wiring layout photo using your phone just in-case.3. The lantern is made from aluminium so if you are replacing a plastic model you will need an Earth connection.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 21 January 2018Poor PIR performanceThe light itself is okay and still works after a few years. The big problem I find is that the PIR sensor only detects movement when you are right next to the light, rather than from several metres away, as you would expect.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 25 August 2020Nice looking lamp but time consuming to fix.Traditional look which suited my 1958 detached house.Support box was flimsy plastic with 2 fixed screw holes, which gave no adjustment for the drill running off.An adjustable slotted metal back plate (as per my old lamp) would have been much better.Instructions showing many coloured wires, was in fact printed in black and white. This didn't help.I then discovered the mains lead should go directly through the box and into the wall.My lead ran down the outside wall, so I had to cut a slot in the metal surround to accommodate the mains wire.Lamp was heavy and needed 3 hands to hold and secure to plastic box. It must be earthed and this was difficult, as there was little room for all the many wires.I solved this by extending the earth wire to fit the captive screw on the lamp.The lamp is now fixed, but I then needed a screw threaded lamp, which a kind neighbour provided.Looking great and works OK. Next time I shall employ an electrician.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 21 September 2016Good value for money, despite one or two drawbacks.For:Good value for money. Reasonably easy to fit (if your wiring is already in situ and buried in the wall). Close up it looks and feels a bit cheap, but from a few paces away it looks good. The adjustment for light level and duration are as good, if not better than most. My old lamp, which looked similar, used to come on every time a car went by the house. This one seems sensitive enough to come on when someone approaches, but not over-sensitive that it switched on by unwanted movement.Against:I wasn't keen on the plastic back which gets fitted to the wall, on which the aluminum framed lamp is secured. Careful not to over-tighten the screws, or they will punch through the plastic. I'm not convinced that the join between the plastic bracket and the lamp was secure enough to prevent water ingress, despit its IP43 rating. I sealed the lamp around the top and sides with clear sealant - just to be sure. The hole for the cable in the fixing bracket is off centre, which can mean that one of the retaining screws is closer to the cable than I would have liked.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 25 April 2021Set the sensor firstThe only down side for me was that it was difficult to set the light sensor for night time and also the length of time the light stayed on, the control is situated under the light and is very small, the electrician who set them up for me did so with the aid of the light on his phone, so I suggest this is done before the lights are set up. I am really very pleased with how they look.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 26 February 2020Decent for the moneyThe lantern arrived on time, was well packed and in good condition. I had some difficulty installing the product as the semi circular plastic container which housed the electrical connection only had screws at the bottom so when the light was attached it tended to lean forward away from the wall. It was very easy to adjusted the time and the distance settings.That said, the lantern works very well, the detection range is good and the light emitted from the provided bulb is also good.
Customer questions and answers
- Can you adjust the distance of the pirI did not find such an adjustment. Two screw controls one either side of the PIR sensor adjust for duration of time on and whether it comes on for day and night or just night.
- Is there an option to have the light turned on and off aswell as pir mode??It depends on the way you wire it in, an electrician would know. We have a switch in the hall by the front door. When it is in the off position the light works on the pir for security purposes, when we switch it to the on position the light comes on to welcome the arrival of expected visitors and stays on until switche… see more It depends on the way you wire it in, an electrician would know. We have a switch in the hall by the front door. When it is in the off position the light works on the pir for security purposes, when we switch it to the on position the light comes on to welcome the arrival of expected visitors and stays on until switched off. The light goes off and returns to pir mode. Hope this helps. see less
- Can someone share copy of the wiring diagram? ThanksSorry I no longer have the diagram but it was quite straight forward
- hi just ordered the light i read does it come on in the day as some one wrote it not light sensitive so will come on all day on and offI have just tried mine, today is overcast. It did come on and then went off automatically. Did not realise this before. I bought two and am pleased with them. I'm not worried about them coming on during the day as mine are set to come on for just a short time. I was more worried about people getting down the back entry… see more I have just tried mine, today is overcast. It did come on and then went off automatically. Did not realise this before. I bought two and am pleased with them. I'm not worried about them coming on during the day as mine are set to come on for just a short time. I was more worried about people getting down the back entry in the dark .... for our security and visitor's safety. see less