Searchlight Outdoor Wall Lights Trapani Dia Cast Black Aluminium Half Lantern Wall Light with Clear Glass Panel/Max 1x60w Screw Bulb
- Stock : In Stock
- Product Code: B0054OM0YQ
- Brand : searchlight
Black IP44 Cast Aluminium Outdoor Flush Light With Clear Glass
Exterior Half Wall Lantern
Takes Max 1 x 60watt ES Lamp - Required
Height 360mm width 170mm
|Product Dimensions||11 x 17 x 36 cm; 1.2 Kilograms|
|Item display height||36 centimetres|
|Item display width||17 centimetres|
|Material type||Glass, Aluminium|
|Power source type||Electricity, male/female plug|
|Item model number||280BK|
Searchlight Outdoor and Porch Light: 280BK. This traditional 1 light wall fitting has a cast aluminium frame, clear glass diffuser and a black finish. This outdoor wall light is IP33 rated. This outdoor wall light can take up to an 18 watt low energy bulb. A similar style fitting in white along with a variety of traditional and modern outdoor lights are available to order in store. Product code: 280BK. Height: 36 cm. Projection: 11 cm. Diameter: 17 cm. Wattage: 1x100 watt max or 1x18 watt max energy saving. Socket/bulb: ES/E27 GLS standard bulb (bulb not included)
1 x BLACK OUTDOOR WALL LIGHT FLUSH
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 21 March 2014Looks good but poor quality manufacturingFirst the negativesI've bought 2 of these now and they've both suffered similar problems.The glass panels are packed separately and you have to fit them. There are two things to watch out for. Firstly the glass is rough cut with VERY sharp edges. Secondly the threaded holes which take the tiny screws that hold the glass clips are poorly threaded and strip easily. Luckily there are spare threaded holes.The fit between the front cover and back panel is very crude. In some places there are gaps, in others it's too tight. Once the cover is fitted you may struggle to remove it. I had to file some of the burrs and mold flashings off the back panel to make it easier. One could argue that the back panel should be fitted the other way around (so the burrs and mold flashings are next to the wall), but that's not the way it's been assembled.The screw that holds the front cover on is too short. I had to increase the counter-bore of the front cover hole to get the cover screw to engage properly on both units.Now the positiveI fitted one of these over a year ago and it still looks good. No peeling paint, no yellowing of the back panel.With a few small tweaks this could be an excellent product, but I feel the quality has been sacrificed to save manufacturing cost.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 28 May 2020Lovely lampsThese are really nice lamps, easy to fit (I was replacing two ancient outdoor lanterns) and look very nice. Just one comment...the Amazon blurb says 'Max 60W bulb' but the instructions recommend a 'Max 10W LED'. So I fitted each with 9W LED bulbs (as I intended to anyway for running cost reasons) and they're lovely.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 28 October 2020Perfectly good for our needs.It was a replacement for an outside light for a holiday cottage. It has better all around light and was easy to fit, 20 mins all in. A bit lightweight perhaps for some but a great price and looks good.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 8 May 2021Great value and well built.It is a smart outdoor light. With a 6w LED lamp the illumination is very good. Please note it is IP44 rating thus not completely water tight.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 29 November 2020Nice looking lampNice looking lamp. Pity it has clear glass and not frosted. The photo showed it fitted with a bulb, but I had order that later. JD
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 2 December 2020Hit and miss.Bought 1 for fitting outside the front of the house and it was great, fitted nice and easily.. So I decided to buy a second to put out the back.. That one is a bit ropey. Had to stick the glass panels in as the screws inside wouldn't tighten up enough, and the main screw holding the body to the base won't tighten correctly as well..
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 3 January 2021Good for the moneyEasy to install and look good. Not sure how long they will last as they do not have a seal to keep the water out. Time will tell.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 13 February 2020PARTS MISSINGlamp sent was not new,and bulb missing.waiting for refund please..
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 18 November 2019Smart and clear lightLooks smart and crystal clear light.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 9 March 2020Good moneyNot to hard to put up looks good
Customer questions and answers
- can you turn it on via a switch on unit?There is no switch on the unit - it is fed by mains supply. But you could feed the mains via a separate switch or a dusk/dawn sensor
- How do I open to replace bulbsThere are a couple of screwson he top. Remove these and lift off the top replace bulb and screw top back on.
- Does it have a light sensor or just switch it on and off from inside please ?No sensor. Just switches on and off manually.
- Does this have a anual override?It is entirely manual. It doesn’t have a PIR.