|Product Dimensions||27 x 8.2 x 11.2 cm; 780 Grams|
Outdoor Curve LED Light with a dark grey finish, producing 360 lumens of warm white (3000K) light
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 25 April 2020Not fully waterproofI bought two of these to replace some old wall lights that were dated and showing their age. These replacement lights look very stylish and although bright, most of the light is directed downward.After about 8-9 months, one of the lights started flashing at a headache inducing rate. I bought a third light as a replacement, intending to fix the faulty light. When I undid the bottom screw water started coming out of the unit. I had put silicone behind the mounting plate and around the the edge of the plate and the wall so it must have got in though the join between the front part of the light and back plate. Given the amount of water, I think the unit must have been almost full.Anyway, the replacement light rattled when I unboxed it and this turned out to be a bolt that had come undone that holds the led driver in place. Easily fixed. There were other design changes such as the cable clamp not being installed but the cables held in place by the terminal block instead. Connection to the lights now being made to the top of the terminal block instead of the bottom. Minor changes.I connected it up and added a load of silicone around the edge of the two parts to try and make it more waterproof.The other older lamp was also full of water so I drained and dried it and added a load of silicone around its two parts as well.The fault with the broken light seems to be the led driver. I suspect a blown diode in the bridge rectifier but it is all potted so a replacement unit is needed. However the manufacturer of the driver doesn't seem to make that particular model anymore. I'll look for an equivalent part but for now it's not urgent.Update: Added a photo of the internals on the replacement light I installed less than a year ago. Definitely not waterproof even when every joint is smothered in silicone sealer. I have now added drain holes on the bottom of each light.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 30 August 2020Poor weatherproofing. Won't last.I had these for a good while before I put them up and when I did I was very happy with them. After about 6 months of occasional use one of the 4 I bought stopped working. I'm an electrician so i went to open it up to check it out and it was full of water.The weatherprofing on this unit is very poor and wont last in Irish weather. In fact i checked the other 3and another one was leaking and water poured out when i opened it.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 5 November 2019Not fully waterproofNot everyone will be able to wire directly out of the wall through the back of the light.I had to build a plinth for the light to fit on so I could channel out a section for the cable that ran along the wall to come into the unit.The light fastens to a back plate but the screws are top and bottom not front to back. So this causes an issue where the back does not fit watertight because top and bottom only holds it together. Would be better to have front to back.I am now in process of finding better watertight option.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 12 February 2020great lightsperfect for my application, not to bright but enough light in the dead of night to see where your walking and get around, they look great and the casing is a sturdy metal construction, was easy to install although I had to wire them up via the side rather than through the back and there's no provision for that. However the metal casing is soft enough to drill through and make your own hole that can be weather proved with a little silicon sealant.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 29 May 2020Fiddly, but worth it.A little bit fiddly to install but with a bit of patience taken.......straightforward. It is brighter than i thought as the light was described as "warm", but i was pleasantly surprised as it was brighter than the LED light that i had before. Good product and unusual shape. It didn't feel flimsy. Good value and pleased with not only the light but the helpful answers from purchasers of the same light prior to my buying. It's only been up a week or two but i am pleased and would happily endorse this.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 5 April 2019Aesthetically very pleasing and functionalLiked the arched effect
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 20 June 2019Good amount of lightGood amount of light without glare, its a slightly warm colour of white. I found it fiddly to fit as I couldn't easily get to the top screw, its under a soffit. Otherwise no problem.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 16 April 2021Excellent value. Better when litNice light. Brighter than expected but not a problem. Only 2 negatives. White plastic shade very white when not lit and looks plastic. Shame as body good quality metal. When fitting need access to top of unit to attach to backing plate. Not an issue unless like me it is fitted underneath an over hang.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 1 June 2019Shine a light where its neededReally nice and give excellent lighting to the path and not up in the sky
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 4 July 2019Led lightLooks great, perfect , fast delivery AA++
Customer questions and answers
- Are the bulbs replaceable? And how bright are they?These have integrated LED's which are not replaceable. Life expectancy is 25,000 hours of use. They are 390 lumen which is around the equivalent of 50w. … see more These have integrated LED's which are not replaceable. Life expectancy is 25,000 hours of use. They are 390 lumen which is around the equivalent of 50w. Regards Brightstore see less
- Does the LED driver sit inside the casing or wired in elsewhere.Yes it is a self contained unit. It is wired to the switched 240v lighting circuit.
- What is the lumens rating for this light please?360lm
- Does this light have a dusk 'til dawn sensor or does it need an external switch?Doesn’t have a dusk til dawn senor, you do need an external switch