simplywire - Premium Large Dish Drainer with Drip Tray & Cutlery Holder - Black
- Stock : In Stock
- Product Code: B085LQ8ZG5
SMART DESIGN: This superbly crafted large dish drainer is perfect for any modern home. With plenty of space at the heart of the drainer it also features a glass hanger for up to 6 items and a large detachable cutlery holder with dedicated knife drying section.
SPACE SAVER: This sleek black and rubber wood design also has its own slanted drainage tray which can help free up your kitchen sink draining board.
STRONG & MODERN: The dish rack is crafted from robust steel and then black powder-coated to provide a stylish matt finish with great anti-rust protection.
VERSATILE: Perfect for drying all your washing up efficiently and safely, including pots and pans. Compact enough to keep your sink area looking clean and tidy.
MEASUREMENTS: Please view all the product photographs to locate the annotated product image with all required external and internal measurements.
|Package Dimensions||44.5 x 32.7 x 11.9 cm; 1.54 Kilograms|
|Item Weight||1.54 kg|
At simplywire, our focus is on producing a range of quality products and bespoke designs for modern living. Quality materials, production and service are at the heart of everything that we do.
Our stylish simplywire dish drainers are the ideal way to quickly and safely dry dishes and other tableware items. This unit includes a large cutlery basket (with a rubber wood knife block), a slanted drip tray and rounded wire hooks at one end for up to six glasses to be hung from.
simplywire partners with highly respected manufacturers from around the world. We love our products and we test them religiously to make sure they perform perfectly. We believe it is our responsibility to source and create the best products to ensure they are safe whilst remaining stylish and practical.
This dish drainer design is suitable for tableware of all sizes and can help maximise countertop space. The drying rack can accommodate up to 12 plates and numerous glasses, cups and mugs as well as cooking pans. Available in a sleek matt black finish that can complement many decors and styles, this unit is the perfect addition to your kitchen.
This sturdy unit is crafted from a durable steel that forms a solid, secure base. It is then coated in durable and stylish anti-rust black powder coating that can withstand daily use in any busy kitchen.
The unit is designed with easy clean properties and can be wiped clean with a soft cloth. Do not use abrasive cleaners. Please note that the tableware items shown in the picture are for marketing purposes and not included.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 17 June 2020It's goodIt works very well. Only a couple of points:- It would be nice if the wooden knife holder could be secured in place. It is able to slide along the entire cutlery rack. The addition of a notch or something just to prevent that would be nice- This is more of a tip for others. We have ours to the right of the sink, which meant the plate holders were tilted in the wrong direction (plates tilting toward me, rather than away from). We persevered like this for a few days, but then I decided to manually bend each plate holder into the opposite direction, and it worked fine. You wouldn't know that had been done looking at it
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 29 July 2020Very sturdy, looks and performs better than expected.Wasn't sure when I took it out of it's packaging that it would hold my very large and heavy plates and bowls but it has more than managed to hold them without risk. Also has a very handy drip tray lip that allows water to empty directly back into your sink. Bit small if you are regularly washing up with very large pans but for normal use for 1/2 people, it's perfect.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 5 December 2020Not very goodI purchased this rack as liked the design. In practice, the tray underneath is not draining properly, also the container where the cutlery sits is not draining properly and the cutlery sits in water. Also there are white stains left after it has been used. Not very good design, hate it and ordered a different draining rack as this one is unusable and it looks awful..
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 3 October 2021Solid disk racPros:+ large enough to hold lots of dishes+ cutlery holder+ drip trayNeg:- water doesn’t drain properly- stains easily- glass holders don’t hold large glasses securelyWanted to protect the wooden worktops we have in the kitchen so wanted a drying rack which included a drip tray.Was instantly impressed with the overall size of the rack. The cutlery pot at the end is a good addition as it leaves more space on the actual rack of dishes and pots. The knife slots is also an excellent feature as it safely holds sharp knives which are always the things which slip off the a drying rack.I’ve only got two criticisms which stops it achieving five stars for. First off is the glasses holder. The prongs aren’t long enough to hold larger glasses which are often left just balancing. After a near miss smashing a glass we’ve stopped using them. Having said that they are good at preventing items falling off the rack.Whilst the drip tray has done a great job of protecting the worktop, the angle of the tray is too shallow to allow for the water to drain back into the sink when set up as instructed. Instead we have put the tray say is is under one bar and over the top of the other to give more of an angle to drainFinally due to the colour it can be difficult to keep clean especially as we are in a hard water area so limescale can build very quickly.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 22 May 2021Love it. It stops pooling water on drainerMy draining board always held water and drove me mad, tada, it no longer does. Cutlery holder clips on side and comes with a removable knife holder.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 18 August 2020Good practical small dish drainer.This compact dish drainer is just right & practical for our needs. Easy to clean, love the different sizes knife holder. Cup holder is ok but doesn't take certain size wine glasses as they slip off. Overall a good buy.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 21 June 2020Absolutely love and fantastic value!So pleasantly surprised with this drainer it's such brilliant quality! Love the black and bamboo, it looks really smart and feels a lot more expensive than it was. Doesn't take up the entire draining board which is good yet still fits a lot! Definitely recommend!
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 24 December 2020Good designArrived quickly, well packed abs looks great. Fits my sink drainer perfectly and is a really nice design. I really like the knife drainer, clever addition to the product. Easy to clean too
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 15 August 2021Extras not usefulSome positives to this but I bought this as I liked the prongs for glasses or mugs etc, but they don’t hold anything and just drip outside the tray and drainer. Same for the cutlery holder, it’s outside the drainer unless I pull it forward. For plates and bowls it works as you’d expect. Unfortunately I can’t recommend this item.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 18 September 2021No more pooling water on the drainerThis drainer has exceeded my expectations! The drip tray works really well and no more pooling of water on the drainer! I was sceptical about the cutlery drainer attachment before using it. But it actually drains really well onto the drip tray despite hanging on the outside of the main drainer. Definitely very happy with this drainer!
Customer questions and answers
- What is the maximum width for each plate?2cm for each plate slot
- Does the drip tray have rubber feet? Is it likely to scratch the surface it's on?The drainer does have rubber grips at each corner to protect your work surfaces. Kind regards, Anna, SIMPLYWIRE
- does the tray at the bottom can easily come off to clean?Hi, the tray slides out very easily. Kind regards, Anna, SIMPLYWIRE
- Can this be put on the table and not a draining space. Or the drip tray has a nozzle to get rid of the water so have to be nearer the sink?SIMPLYWIRE ANSWER: The draining board is slanted as shown in the photographs and has a small spout at the lower end. This spout would need to be directly over an area you are comfortable for water to drain in or on to. Thank you, Anna, SIMPLYWIRE