CHRISTOW Garden Parasol Umbrella 2.4m, Tilting Outdoor Sun Shade With Crank Handle, UV Protective, Aluminium Pole (Black)
- Stock : In Stock
- Product Code: B07D3GNF3Q
- Brand : christow
STYLISH & CONTEMPORARY GARDEN PARASOL: Shade yourself from the sunshine all day long with this Aluminium 2.4m Tilting Parasol from Christow. Designed with 2.4m canopy in a choice of contemporary colours and a tilting mechanism to shield you from the setting sun. Provides excellent coverage and shade for a garden table.
PROVIDES SUPERIOR UV PROTECTION: The canopy is made from extra-tough 180g polyester in a choice of contemporary colours to add style to any setting. It has a UPF 30+ rating to provide superior protection from damaging UV rays and an air vent to reduce wind pressure and keep you cool when you're relaxing beneath it.
CRANK HANDLE & TILTING MECHANISM: Instead of a fiddly pulley system, the parasol has a crank handle to easily raise and lower the canopy. Simply turn the handle one way to open it or the other way to close it. It also features a lever which allows you to tilt the canopy at an angle and shield yourself from the low-lying sun.
LIGHTWEIGHT 38mm DIAMETER ALUMINIUM POLE: The parasol is made from hardwearing aluminium which is far lighter than steel to easily move around your garden. The pole has a diameter of 38mm and comes in two parts which lock together. Instructions are included to easily assemble and care for the parasol.
IMPORTANT PRODUCT INFORMATION: A parasol base is NOT INCLUDED with the parasol and is essential for safeguarding it from the wind. Christow stock a range of compatible bases. Choose an 11kg base if you wish to use the parasol with a garden table, or a 25kg base if you wish to use the parasol without a table.
Spacious Garden Sunshade
Shade yourself from the sunshine at all hours of the day with this Aluminium 2.4m Parasol from Christow. Designed with a 2.4m canopy for superior coverage and protection, it's a stylish way to stay cool and shaded when you're dining or relaxing outdoors.
Tilt Function for Enhanced Shade
The tilt mechanism enables you to angle the canopy towards the sun for enhanced shade and protection.
Superior UV Protection
The canopy material is UV30+ rating to provide superior protection from the sun’s damaging ultraviolet rays.
Crank Handle To Easily Open
The parasol features a crank mechanism to easily raise and lower the canopy. Simply wind the handle one way to easily open the canopy or turn it the other way to effortlessly close it.
Air Vent To Aid Air Flow
An air vent at the top of the canopy helps to reduce wind pressure to prevent it pulling the parasol upwards. It also allows heat to circulate more freely, so the canopy is cooler to sit beneath.
The pole has a durable aluminium construction which is far lighter than the steel poles used for most parasols. This makes the parasol far easier to pick up and move around your garden.
Easy To Assemble
The parasol comes in two parts which pop together for easy assembly. A button allows you to easily release the locking mechanism when taking them apart and storing the parasol away. Assembly and care instructions are included.
Parasol Base Required
A base is required to weigh the parasol down. If you intend to use it with a table, our 11kg base is an ideal option. If you wish to use it without a table, we recommend using our 25kg base.
|2m Aluminium Parasol||2.4m Steel Crank Handle Parasol||2.4m Aluminium Crank & Tilt Parasol||2.7m Steel Crank Handle Parasol||2.7m Aluminium Crank & Tilt Parasol|
|Canopy Diameter||2 Meters||2 Metres||2.4 Metres||2.4 Metres||2.7 Metres||2.7 Metres|
|Height||2.2 Metres||2.2 Metres||2.4 Metres||2.4 Metres||2.4 Metres||2.4 Metres|
|Product Dimensions||240 x 240 x 240 cm; 4.6 Kilograms|
|Item Weight||4.6 kg|
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 9 May 2019Much too high.Within moments of opening ithe parasol, in only a slight breeze, it blew over and crashed on the terrace and the spring came out of the crank handle so I am no longer able to use it. In my opinion the parasol is much too high and thus is unstable in the lightest wind and is also too high to put a waterproof cover over it without using steps. I imagine it was designed to this height to avoid the need to 'duck under it', but from my experience this is a basic fault.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 17 April 2019All set for summerOur cream 2.4m brolly only arrived this morning- just as well really because it's been a beautifully warm and sunny day. I can report that it has performed admirably on its debut. It appears to be of good quality, nice thick material, dead easy to crank up and down, tilt mechanism works well.As my initial impression is very positive, I award 5 stars.Should anything break, annoy or disappoint us, I'll return to modify my review and star rating accordingly.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 31 May 2020You get what you pay for. 5/10.This is a nice parasol which is cheap and fairly good value.However you do get what you pay for (or rather don’t get in this case!).I’m happy with it but the issues which niggle me are:1 - the tilt mechanism butting can get stuck at times, and I also caught some of my thumb skin innit causing a small blood blister. Lesson learned - move thumb off button when tilting.2 - tilt mechanism button gets stuck in so it needs to be moved back a forwards a few tiles to get it to pop out.3 - top half of pole which holds the umbrella spins round with no way of securing it and therefore any amount of wind which catches the parasol when it’s in a tiled position blows it around so that the sun ends up on too, defeating its purpose. Doesn’t happen when it’s open in a flat position though.Overall it was cheap compared to others - would spend more next time. Should have spent more first time round to avoid buying “next time”!
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 30 June 2018Nice umbrella, much better than some of reviewsNice umbrella, much better than some of reviews,glad I took a chance and bought it, just what I needed and good quality.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 18 April 2021Easy to use and shield from the sunIt took me a while to figure the foot of the parasol (sold separately same brand) had different size fittings in the base that I needed to remove to fit the parasol and beyond that both the foot and the parasol are great. I have a south facing balcony and although the sunsets are fabulous the afternoon sun is both blinding and very hot. The tilt feature is easy and angles the parasol perfectly. The crank makes it easy to open and close, so I only open it when I need it. It’s a beautiful piece too so doesn’t look out of place on my balcony and in fact is a welcome addition.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 31 May 2020Is it ‘a really light feature its downfall or is it just a light, easy to use stylish brolly?It looks great, it’s very light weight but I worry it is not heavy duty enough to last. Great wind up handle and easy to assemble, looks stylish and great price, something must be wrong? I am taking greater care of it than intended as I worry it will not last as it’s do light. Maybe I’m over reacting as it’s a great looking brolly and great price.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 11 July 2018Am very pleased with itHave spruced up my garden and purchased this umbrella as a replacement for my tired and faded old one. Am very pleased with it, very easy to put together and simple to use. Would buy from this seller again. Excellent service.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 5 July 2019Just want I neededFantastic product! I purchased this in grey with the matching stand and then brought a cover from my local garden centerI’ve recently had a baby and with the nice weather I want to be outside and getting him so fresh air but without being in direct sunlight, this is perfect for what I wanted
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 17 July 2020Just right for sun shadePlease with this, wanted a parasol that was easy to put up. Had to shorten it a bit though as came up too tall for us. Reason for four stars is that some of the cotton thread around the parasol could have been a bit neater round the edges!
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 18 June 2018Great!arrived before expected date and is all I expected. Great! I am so pleased with this purchase., it is great value for money, easy to erect and the crank makes it SOOOO easy to use.
Customer questions and answers
- What colour is the pole please?Mine is grey in colour
- will a 12kg base be no good for this parasol ?If in a table that’s fine if stand alone needs at least 23kg base so don’t blow over
- Does this come with the base?No it doesn't. Buy the base seperately but check the base dimensions to ensure it fits under your table!
- If the colour fades, will it affect the upf rating? I.e. will it let more light through?Yes the colour does fade but I had not noticed it letting more light through, it was adequate for me. For the money it was a good buy and I am not disappointed with it.