tado° Smart AC Control V3+, Easy DIY Installation, Designed In Germany
- Stock : In Stock
- Product Code: B07PDZSYCM
- Brand : tado
Control your AC from anywhere with the tado° app, reduce your energy consumption and save money with the help of the intelligent functions of tado°
Always enjoy the perfect temperature in any room with the Smart Schedule and keep a healthy climate at home
If no one is home or an open window has been detected, the tado° app reminds you to switch off the air conditioner via push message
tado° is compatible with ACs that have an infrared remote control with a display; works with Amazon Alexa, the Google Assistant and Apple HomeKit
Further advantages with Auto-Assist (optional): If no one is home or open windows have been detected, tado° automatically turns down the AC (in-app purchase, cancel monthly; £2.99/month)
Further features: Weather Adaptiation, individual room control (additional Smart AC Controls required), insights into the air quality of your home, Energy Savings Report
From the manufacturer
tado° Smart AC Control V3+
The smart way to control your AC while saving energy.
The tado° Smart AC control is your Climate Assistant that ensures a comfortable and healthy climate at home, while helping to save on your energy bill. The intuitive smartphone app and smart home integrations enable you to control your AC from anywhere, more comfortably and efficiently than ever before. Always enjoy the perfect temperature at home - so there is no need to remember to turn the AC on or off. tado° makes it easy to control your AC so you don’t have to.*
* All benefits are included with the Auto-Assist Skill (available in-app, £2.99/month, £24.99/year).
Optimize your cooling to suit your individual needs, while saving energy and costs on your energy bill.
Enjoy the perfect room temperature at all times: A pre-cooled living-room when you return and the perfect bedroom temperature for a good night’s sleep. But only when someone is home.
No matter where you are - at home or on the go - the intuitive smartphone app enables you to control your AC at anytime from anywhere, more comfortably and efficiently than ever before.
Good air has a positive impact on our health, productivity, and quality of sleep. The Climate Assistant helps you to keep a healthy climate at home.
tado° Smart Skills:
Never cool an empty home. Based on the residents' location, tado° notifies you to turn off your AC when the last person has left home or to start cooling the house before you arrive.
You can automate this skill with Auto-Assist.
Open Window Detection
Don’t cool a room if there is no need - tado° Smart AC Controlnotices an open window and lets you turn off the AC effortlessly, saving you energy.
You can automate this skill with Auto-Assist.
tado° adapts the way it cools using the weather forecast. On cloudy days your home will be cooled less than on sunny days, reducing energy consumption.
tado° helps you achieve a healthier indoor climate, with insights and specific advice, e.g. when, and for how long, to open the windows, or if a room has a risk of developing mold.
For remote controlled ACs.
The tado° Smart AC Control works with remote-controlled air conditioners over IR - just like your old remote. Works with air conditioners and heat pumps with an infrared remote control that displays the air conditioner’s current settings (for example mode, target temperature, and fan speed), be it a split, multi-split, in-window or portable unit from all manufacturers.
The tado° Smart AC Control connects to your Wi-Fi, no additional wiring is needed . It can be mounted on the wall or placed on a table.
Only tado° works with all major platforms.*
The tado° Smart AC Control can also be connected to many other devices and services. Control your AC with your voice, using Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant, or bring products and web services together with IFTTT.
*Applies to tado° Smart AC Control V3+
|Product Dimensions||10 x 1.45 x 10 cm; 250 Grams|
|Batteries||1 A batteries required.|
|Item model number||tado° Smart AC Control V3+|
|Style||Smart AC Control V3+|
|Power Source||Battery Powered|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||1|
|Included Components||USB power supply, USB cable, Smart AC Control, Adhesive strips, EU power adapter, UK power adapter, Regulatory information|
|Item Weight||250 g|
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 25 August 2019A total waste of time and moneyA total waste of your time money and effort. Installation instructions are next to non existent and getting it to connect to your WiFi is near impossible. I eventually managed after 3 hours of factory resets, reading online help and guesswork. When it eventually connected I selected the correct AC brand, it detected the model and then completely failed to control the AC system from the app. Half the time it didn’t even switch on or off when it said it was. The app doesn’t reflect the current settings set by the AC control. It’s utterly useless. I decided to try and train it myself using the setup function bit that just made matters worse. When I did another factory reset to try it again on standard settings it refused again to connect to WiFi (there’s actually no way of telling whether it’s connected or not, you have to guess based on whether the app communicates with the Tado box. A true customer experience nightmare. I’m asking for a full refund for this joke technology. Don’t waste your sanity or precious hours of your life with this product.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 5 July 2019Very difficult to install, not working as advertisedI bought this because I was waiting for a HomeKit compatible AC IR blaster, and according to the marketing this was suppose to work great, it didn't, for starters the setup process was a pain in the ass, the device did not recognized my AC split unit an MDV, then I had to "teach" the device basically pointing the remote to the device and pressing the buttons, but instead of just pressing every button once for the device to learn (like most IR blaster luring process) I had to recreate every possible iteration of the remote like: Mode:cool temp:17 fan: low, swing: on and so on changing the temp then the fan then the swing etc etc etc, it took me a good hour to finish the process and when I did its still buggy. im really disappointed by this product. I went ahead and ordered myself a Sensibo lets see how that works,
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 6 October 2019Terrible product. Non-existent supportHad to throw them away. Here’s the email I sent - BEWARE. And no reply received to this or the other requests for support.To: Tado supportI purchased two Tado Smart AC controllers for newly installed Fujitsu split air conditioners in my house. Issue is that the controllers do not verify that the commands that are being sent are properly received. I'd guess that 1 in 10 commands are ignored by the AC unit, which causes havoc as the Tado device "thinks" the AC is in a state where it's not.Additionally, the remote can be used to change state for commands that Tado does not support (vent swing, sleep mode etc.) and the Tado does not receive the acknowledgement back that state has changed.Tado basically works like a dumb IR remote, ignoring the return signals that the included remote controller can process.The controllers are very close to the AC units, and the remote works 100% of the time, and the issues are common on both units, so I know it’s not installation specific.Very poor design, I'm afraid! The final straw came after my AC units were both running all weekend while I was away after I'd remotely turned them off. Sadly I have put the Tado units in a box and won't be using them.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 17 October 2021Good but overpricedWorks well & connected to my AC unit easily enough, links to apple HomeKit & is very responsive.I find the main unit a bit awkward to use as you have to hold a couple of fingers on the device then press on etc.I think it would be better if there was just a simple on/off button but i assume the main purpose of this is to link to the app/HomeKit & voice control which it does well.Personally i think it's a bit overpriced for what it is as before i was using a switchbot hub (£20) to do the exact same thing, Admittedly the tado app & HomeKit integration is a lot slicker.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 21 September 2021Simple if you have the right room planA key issue that many will have is that this need to be mounted on a wall facing the AC unit. This is because it will effectively be working like an AC remote sending InfraRed commands to the AC unit. Therefore if you have a big room and cannot angle the unit opposite the AC head you will struggle to get it working.This is on top of the central design flaw in the product. I have had these devices for over a year and I've given up. This product looks great but the single underpowered RF Bridge (the bit to talk to connect the various devices to the internet) is a huge technical flaw in the entire product.The fact that you can't add additional bridges means the product has limited range. The vendor is aware of this problem but refuses to address it citing the amount of work that would be required. The forums are full of people with devices that fall out of range.I've invested heavily in this product (over £1000) but I am very disappointed that rooms drop off the wireless connection resulting in them not getting instructed to turn on/off - this leaves you with hot or cold rooms. The devices themselves look great and when they are in range are good; but the fact that they are in fact dumb (aka not smart) means they must be connected at all times to the internet to work. The alterative being that they held their schedule on device and only needed the internet for updates to that schedule. As it stands they must be connected to get told to turn on and off.Such a shame, as the vendor seems happy to take the money of new customers knowing that there are structural flaws in the product.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 3 September 2019I regret buying this product!I regret buying this product! First of all, this product can't identify the Daikin air conditioner that I produced in 2018. Then I can only use the most basic function, that is, I can't use dehumidification, air supply, and can't adjust the wind speed and direction of the fan when using cooling and heating. Although this product supports homekit, when actually interacting with siri, siri is required to turn off the air conditioner but it will not be executed, but needs to be closed on the iPhone. Even, many times in the morning, I found that the air conditioner was turned on. This is a waste of energy and money in Japan, where electricity is expensive. When I try to communicate with the brand's after-sales team, they are very unhelpful.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 6 December 2020How did I manage without one!I did look at other AC remote controls and the tado one was £30 cheaper so I bought one to give it a try, this was my first Tado device and it’s very easy to setup and configure due to the tados intuitive interface.This now allows me to remotely control my heating/cooling air conditioner from my phone which is just perfect for my gym which is remote from the house.Would definitely recommend this product.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 25 March 2021It works greatThis little GEM works a treat on my Toshiba air con, no more worrying that it's been left on, simply check the APP. However don't use the remote that came with the unit as the Taco unit doesn't receive it only transmits a signal, so stick it in a drawer and don't use it. I've had no issues with it. switch it to my desired temp for a set time and set the schedule on a base temp so once the timer runs out the unit reverts back to whatever setting you want to leave it on,
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 5 May 2021Some basic functions work well. Just hope you don't need customer supportFor simple functions, such as controlling cool and heat modes, the device works well.However, support is limited for anything beyond those two modes. In my case, I wanted to use the device to control the AC's "Dry Mode". After finding that the mode didn't work, I contacted support. Support assured me that Dry Mode is supported, and that I should setup the device again, but this time using the device's learning mode. That apparently would allow the device to learn the exact command codes/sequences for my AC's Dry Mode.I'm not sure how or why, but customer support don't seem to know their own product. Learning mode forces the device into "Thermostatic Mode", in which you can teach the device basic commands related to Cool and Heat modes ONLY (no auto, fan, dry; or other abilities like swing, fan speed, etc). It doesn't seem to make much sense to have a learning mode that is so limited.After informing support about this limitation, I received a curt reply stating that if the device doesn't support it, then it's not supported (very helpful) - a direct contradiction of their earlier statement.In short, if you need this device for simple needs - scheduling, manually turning the AC on and off, and setting the temperature, it seems to work quite well. Anything more complicated might not be supported, while customer support are inconsistent and unhelpful at best.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 1 September 2020Can cool house with my voice and then in air con before arriving home.Works great. I already had one from before. That was awkward to set up and I needed a lot of help from support to get it working properly-they were great though. These next three were super easy to set up once I knew what to avoid doing wrong. Can talk to my air conditioner via Siri now-although for full functionality and options (fan speed-swing-dry mode) I need to go via tado app. I guess that limitation is Apple’s area to improve upon.
Customer questions and answers
- If the air conditioner has a additional heating function - is this accessible in tado?Hi there, Thank for your interest in tado°. No, the Smart AC Control can only control cooling. Kind regards, Your tado° Team
- My Daikin AC units are 2010 models, will this work with them?My Daikin is a 2018 model, it can be recognized, but can't be controlled. This product must be placed at a specific angle, so that the air conditioner can receive the signal. It is very difficult to use, and Xiaomi is better.
- Can i still use my ac remote or would it cause the tado settings to go out of sync?Hi, The Smart AC Control sends absolute commands. If you change the settings on the AC with the old remote the Smart AC Control won't be aware of the changes, but as soon as the Smart AC Control sends a command, the AC will do exactly as it's told. If it were only that easy with kids. … see more Hi, The Smart AC Control sends absolute commands. If you change the settings on the AC with the old remote the Smart AC Control won't be aware of the changes, but as soon as the Smart AC Control sends a command, the AC will do exactly as it's told. If it were only that easy with kids. Best regards, Your tado° team see less
- Is this compatible with HiSense air conditioners? Can it control more than one unit or do you need one unit per air conditioner?Hi there, Thank for your interest in tado°. Being compatible depends on how the air conditioner is currently controlled, it is possible to control multiple devices, however they would need to be in "Line of Sight" of the Smart AC Control. Please contact our Customer Service via Live Chat on our website to confirm compa… see more Hi there, Thank for your interest in tado°. Being compatible depends on how the air conditioner is currently controlled, it is possible to control multiple devices, however they would need to be in "Line of Sight" of the Smart AC Control. Please contact our Customer Service via Live Chat on our website to confirm compatibility. Kind regards, Your tado° Team see less