- Cools and humidifies the air
- Uses just water to keep you cooler
- Reusable, antimicrobial filter
- Adjustable three-speed fan
- Built-in soft-glow blue LED night light
- Runs up to 10 hours per fill
- Filter is also dishwasher safe
Chillmax Air turns cold water, via a special filter, into a finer mist of cool, refreshing air circulated by a fan with three speed settings. It humidifies while it cools your personal breathing space so you can stay cool and breathe moist, humid air wherever you need it. The secret is Hydro-Chill Technology, which uses our advanced evaporative air-cooling filter and our enhanced cool-mist chamber, to pull in warm, dry air and instantly transform it into cool refreshing air! The filter is resistant to mould and mildew and can be put in the dishwasher to clean and sterilise it for years of use. Chillmax Air’s compact and lightweight design means you can enjoy cool fresh air anywhere from the bedside to the office. Chillmax Air uses no chemicals or toxic coolants, just ordinary water, and lasts up to 10 hours on just one filling! Simply fill with water, plug it into any standard wall socket and enjoy! PLUS, Chillmax Air has a built-in soft-glow blue LED light so it’s the perfect night light for those hot summer nights, so you get a humidifier, a cooler and a light from a single plug socket.
Chillmax Air - Personal space air cooler and humidifier
Cools and humidifies
Chillmax Air gives you the best features of both fans and air conditioning in one, compact unit that’s also a night light. Unlike fans that just move warm air around your room, or air conditioning units that cost the earth, make a lot of noise and use ozone-destroying chemical coolants to cool the air but leave it dry, Chillmax Air sprays a fine mist that is then sent through the special filter and so only uses evaporation and water to operate!
Adjustable three-speed whisper-quiet fan
Chillmax Air uses a fan set within its sound-protective casing, and with three settings you can have the perfect amount of cool, moist air for whatever the weather throws at you
Reusable, antimicrobial filter, runs up to 10 hours per fill
The special, antimicrobial filter in Chillmax Air is designed to hold water without allowing the bacteria and mould that it contains to develop and grow, it’s even dishwasher-safe so you can regularly clean it and use it time after time. The large capacity water reservoir, combined with the filter, means that Chillmax Air holds a lot of water, so you can rely on Chillmax Air to run for up to ten hours, that’s a whole night’s sleep, or an entire working day in a hot stuffy office, breathing in cool, humid air!
Capacity: Max water capacity 610ml. Runs up to 10 hours per fill.
Set includes: •1 x Chillmax Air •1 x Filter •1 x Plug adapter 1.8m approx
Dimensions: Box: 20.3x17.8x24.8cm Unit: 14.55x17x16.25cm
Power: •10 Watts •5 Volts
Extras: •50/60HZ •Class 2
Weights: Gross: 1.23kg / Net: 0.86kg
Warning: Keep out of reach of children unless supervised by an adult. Do not overfill the water tank. Chillmax Air must be kept on a level surface during use; tilting the unit may cause water to leak out of the base. Read the full instruction manual before use. Run time will vary depending on speed setting, room temperature levels, room humidity levels, etc. When not using Chillmax Air for extended periods of time, empty the water tank, remove the filter and allow to air dry.
|Package Dimensions||25.2 x 20.6 x 17.9 cm; 10 Grams|
|Item Weight||10 g|
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 14 July 2019Cheap plastic junk.So we have a small cheap-feeling plastic box with a fan. The Filters, are sponges that you make wet. The fan blows on wet sponges and that's basically it. It makes a bit of noise but makes no real difference to room temperature. Better to buy a normal desk fan - It will be a lot more effective. **WARNING on the seller. It's taking a while to get money back! You will also have to pay for return postage.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 5 July 2019It’s just a fan reallyThe cooling effect is so subtle as to be irrelevant.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 4 July 2019Menopausal. Get this product.Absolutely love this product. Being a lady of a certain age who is hot all the time it’s a godsend. It doesn’t annoy or effect anyone else because it’s directed at me. It’s easy to use. Not too big. Portable. I’d recommend it.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 7 July 2019love itgood value, I leave the filter out to air dry when not in use because have read reviews where people talk about mould, kind of obvious really if you are going to leave it wet, easy solution
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 16 August 2019I never give feed back wish I could give more than 5 starsThis is fantastic for me at night as soon as it arrived I plugged it in and was amazed how much cold air came out. I really struggle with this heat it makes my M. S. so much worse but thanks to this chillmax air and JML cold pillow I put in freezer in morning slide it into pillow case and I'm settled all night could not praise JML more for fantastic customer service and products
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 27 July 2019Not bad! Better than fans.Received this bad boy this morning and I have to say this thing is pretty awesome as long as you put the filter in the freezer for 30 to 45 minutes and add super cold water! I should've bought this earlier before this nasty UK heatwave started. I give this a 8/10. Bad things about this is it's pretty noise even in low mode and pretty expensive for what it is but JML is a known brand so that's why I went for this instead of cheap chinese brands that could potentially blow up my house lol.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 12 July 2019Very effective and makes such a difference when you're melting in unpleasant heat/humidity etcup front and personal source of cooling fresh air - a lot more than just pushing hot air around like a simple fan. my experience so far is that it's just like they bang on about in the JML advert. really glad saw that and bought [based on faith/hope] as will be a brilliant weapon against any oppresssive heat etc if we get that again this year.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 7 June 2019Not BrilliantI do not feel it will do anything when the weather is hot
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 20 July 2019Not an air coolerDefinitely not an air cooler, my baby is in a box room and it doesn’t cool the room in anyway it actually seems to make it warmer if anything, I think because of the motor running.It’s basically a fan that blows out cooler air due to the water u out in.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 14 August 2019Very disappointingMakes no difference whatsoever unless you lay down close to the fan and have it blowing in your face, although from the noise it makes, you would expect it to be super-efficient. A lot of faff with removing/drying/washing filter to prevent mould,-- and new filters and postage costs are expensive. Adds up to half the cost of the machine.Not worth a quarter of the price.
Customer questions and answers
- What is the difference between the jml chillmax and the jml artic?Good Morning, Thank you for your email. … see more Good Morning, Thank you for your email. I can confirm that both of these items are designed for the same purpose and both do the same job. They are designed slightly differently in regards to how they look. The JML Arctic Air allows you to change the colour of the water tank and the JML Chillmax Air does not, it is a still blue colour which can be made bright or dim. The filter for the JML Arctic Air is not washable, however the filter for the Chillmax Air is. The water tank on the Arctic Air is located on the side of the product and the tank on the Chillmax Air is located on top of the unit. Both items can be viewed on our website, www.jmldirect.com. Kind Regards Courtney see less
- I'm thinking of buying one of these to bring cool air to my desktop computer. Does the 'Chillmax Air' give off a water mist?No obvious mist (except when it starts), but it's an evaporative cooler so you're adding a lot of humidity to your PC. That's likely to accelerate corrosion and increase failures.
- Do you have to close windows for it to workThank you for your query. The Chillmax is a personal space air cooler so would not change the room temperate, these are perfect or using near you on a desk or side table. Many Thanks JML
- can the jml chill max fan work on usb connectionNo it doesn't it comes with a power adapters that use a round connection to the unit. However the adapter outputs 5V at 1.5 amps so you could easily power it by USB if you were willing to sacrifice the cable.