Kookaburra 3.6m Triangle Water Resistant Garden Patio Sun Shade Sail Canopy 96.5% UV Block with Free Rope (Blue)
- Stock : In Stock
- Product Code: B07C44J28X
- Brand : kookaburra
Perfect party sail shade for providing cool shelter in the garden
UPF34+ (Blocks over 96.5% of harmful rays - certified)
Lightweight, water resistant fabric is ideal for short term outdoor use
High density polyester (140gsm UV stabilised)
2 year manufacturer's warranty as standard
|Package Dimensions||42.4 x 3.8 x 1.4 cm; 660 Grams|
Kookaburra Shade Sails - Protects you from the sun all day long
Woven shade sails are the most effective sail shades for offering maximum UV protection. The ultra-tight weave of the fabric has been independently tested to UPF34+ making these sail shades near impenetrable by sunlight. More than 96.5% of harmful UV rays are blocked out as a result.
Beautiful, useful and festive, perfect for adding decoration whilst bringing a little comfort to those (few but glorious) hot, hazy days outside. Our 140G sail shades are lightweight, water resistant and ideal for short term outdoor use.
Installation and Accessories
Fix to walls, trees, fences, posts with our easy attachment accessories, or purchase one of our poles
Install at an angle to ensure rainwater runs off.
Each shade sail comes with 1.5m of nylon rope per corner. So 3 x 1.5m for the triangles and 4 x 1.5m for the square and rectangle.
Other installation accessories are NOT included
Please note: Colours shown in the pictures are subject to light. You will only get one sail, not multiple as may be pictured.
Due to the nature of the sail, the edges curve when installed so that will alter the surface area covered. If you're looking to cover a specific sized area, please bear this in mind.
- Easy to install
- Nylon rope is included
We recommend you purchase one of our compatible fixing kits for installing this sail shade. An option of Galvanised steel can be found by searching ASIN: B00BLMGZ8C or Stainless steel at ASIN: B00BLMGYLA
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 2 July 2019Friends think they’re ‘posh’!We bought shower proof not water proof as it's unlikley we'd try and sit out a full on downpour, so we saved quite a bit, but maybe go for the better ones if you have furniture/cushions out underneath.We bought a fixing pack for each sail, but didn't need the cords that came with the sails (2m x 2m square and a 3.6m triangle), so once the fixings were attached to the walls & posts, it only takes a couple of minutes to put up each sail.They look much more expensive than they were, but you do need to factor in the fittings to attach them.Once up they give good sun protection and helped cool the area underneath.An easy and relatively cheep way to enliven your outdoor areas
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 4 June 2020Fine, but doesn't cool a conservatoryBought this in the hope it would cool my conversatory, which gets very warm in the summer. I have a thermometer in the conservatory, it got to 41 degrees the day before installing the sun shade. I installed the sail easily in the top of our conservatory beneath a glass sloping roof. The day after (and subsequent days) it got to 42.3 degrees maximum. The sun duration conditions were exactly the same before and after installation.Maybe it depends what your conservatory roof type is. Clearly the sail here is just trapping heat inside the conservatory. And yes i know the product details say it's for use outdoors. There was another review saying it did cool a conservatory, so wanted to share my experience.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 5 June 2016Great sunscreen for our conservatoryGreat sunscreen for our conservatory. We recently had to take down two diseased trees in the garden, near the house, and the unintended consequence was that our conservatory no longer had shade. I bought this large Sun sail, plus two smaller ones, and we have fitted them inside the conservatory. It is very functional (a bit like a Bedouin tent), and also quite attractive. Very effective, and a fraction of the cost of fitted conservatory blinds.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 4 July 2019Good product at a great priceThis appeared a bit thin at first but is actually really sturdy & provides great shade. We used a fixing kit to install it & take it down on non sunny days so I can see it lasting for a good many years to come.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 7 June 2019Poorly madeThis was bought to replace a smaller Kookaburra sail. It is the second we have received as the first was returned due to a flaw in the material.It isn’t great quality material and is poorly made it’s only been up for a week and the stitching is coming away.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 15 September 2019refreshing change from usual umbrella shadesreally like this sun shade. It's a bit different from usual. Used my own ropes to fit it. The shade it gives means that you have to move around to keep in the shade, rather than move the usual umbrella canopy around. Like the way it blows around like a boat sail, in a breeze. Needs to be installed so it can drain rain away...or put it away in bad weather.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 14 June 2016Excellent! love it.I had one before from a different company, lasted 8 years.This one isnt as thick but so far it is doing the job.I love the grey colour & its waterproof. I really love it & the price was excellent.
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 9 February 2020Nice productUnused as bought wrong sizeChe led fitting instructions to complicated and no securing hooks
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 7 July 2020Garden patio sailExcellent service, ordered yesterday arrived today .. looks excellent .thank you
- Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 7 September 2019Curved sides not effective for our space.We had to send this back. It did not fit the space. The curved sides actually take away some of the necessary shade. I am sure there is a reason for it but we were disappointed.
Customer questions and answers
- Is this a right angled triangle or an equilateral shape? If right angled, Is the 3.6 meter dimension given for the long edge or shorter edges? Thanks!Isosceles triangle. I believe 3.6m is the short single side. Both other sides are longer.
- Does it come with fixings?No metal fixings but long length of white thick rope/cord. We purchased 2 x shackles and an adjustable screw/shackle fixing as extras. This is 2nd Kukaburra sail we have bought - hope this helps
- Do you need to use fixings or can it just be tied to secure points like concrete posts etc?Ours has fabric loops at each corner and I'm sure they came with metal fixings which you can screw into trees and things. We have ours inside our conservatory and they work really well.
- It says it's waterproof (so resistant to water) though does the rain goes through the mesh or runs through the angle?Runs off at an angle. So far completly waterproof