Igenix IG5200 Portable Electric Convector Heater with Adjustable Thermostat, Freestanding Radiator Ideal for Home or Office, 2000 W, White
- Stock : In Stock
- Product Code: B00EVXQAJW
Three power settings
Comes with 2-year warranty which can be registered online
From the manufacturer
Igenix 2000 W Convector Heater with Thermostat and 24 hour timer - White
Why you should choose Igenix
The Igenix IG5250 Convector Heater is a compact and versatile convector heater ideal for heating small rooms, greenhouses, caravans or animal houses. As well as this, the heater features an adjustable thermostat that has 3 power settings, which you can easily adjust to suit your preference.
The frost watch function
The frost watch function is an extremely useful feature that sets this Igenix heater apart from other similar products. It automatically turns on when the room temperature drops below 5 degree Celsius to automatically start the heater operating- keeping the room temperature at a sensible level.
24 hour timer
This model also benefits from a 24 hour timer for your convenience. It gives you the option to pre-heat the room whilst you are out-and-about during the day or to turn on during those cold, dark winter evenings.
- 3 Power settings: 750 W / 1250 W / 2000 W
- 0 - 30 degree Celsius Adjustable Thermostat.
- Indicator light
- Frost protection
- Overheat Protection
If the product gets too hot it will automatically cut off to prevent any injury or damage.
- NB. In fully anti-clockwise position, the thermostat provides frost protection. In this position (depending on room size) the heater will maintain the temperature above freezing.
How to operate the heater
This is a freestanding heater. This means it can be placed anywhere in the room or positioned conveniently on the wall.
- Plug the unit into a power socket.
- Turn the thermostat dial fully in a clockwise direction to gain maximum setting.
- Turn on the heating elements by means of the heater switches. These 3 heat settings are 750 W, 1250 W and 2000 W.
- When the heating elements are on the switches will illuminate.
- For maximum heat output (2000 W) both switches should be turned on.
- When desired temperature is reached, the dial should be turned anti-clockwise slowly until the switch lights turn off.
|Product Dimensions||10 x 49 x 32 cm; 2 Kilograms|
|Power / Wattage||2000 watts|
|Item Weight||2 kg|
Customer questions and answers
- Forgive my ignorance, but what is the resulting difference between changing the wattage and changing the temperature dial?The temperature dial works INDEPENDENTLY of the heating elements. The heater will try to maintain the room at the temperature you set it with the dial. If you only have the 750w element switched on it might not be able to manage it. On the other hand, if you have it set at 2000w the heater might be constantly be switch… see more The temperature dial works INDEPENDENTLY of the heating elements. The heater will try to maintain the room at the temperature you set it with the dial. If you only have the 750w element switched on it might not be able to manage it. On the other hand, if you have it set at 2000w the heater might be constantly be switching itself on and off. To save the wear and tear on the thermostat which is a weakness with these heaters, choose the lowest wattage that will maintain the temperature at the level you want. see less
- I want a heater like this to warm our bedroom up before we go to bed just for an hour or so would you think this could do the jobDepending on the size and temperature of the room, you may need to locate it close to your bed. My bedroom has a very high ceiling and of course all of the heat ended up there. Solution: I purchased a "Sentik 6" 2 In 1 Stand or Clip On Portable Fan Table Desk". That did the trick; heated up the room in 30 minutes. … see more Depending on the size and temperature of the room, you may need to locate it close to your bed. My bedroom has a very high ceiling and of course all of the heat ended up there. Solution: I purchased a "Sentik 6" 2 In 1 Stand or Clip On Portable Fan Table Desk". That did the trick; heated up the room in 30 minutes. The Convector Heater now sits on top of the old radiator (which doesn't work) against the outside wall and the fan is hanging 1/2 meter over it facing into the room. With the fan on slow, and the heater on 1250 W, the room heats up in 30 minutes, after which the fan can be switched off and/or the heater's thermostat turned down. It is a quiet fan so if just sitting , reading or whatever in the room, I leave the fan on, but lower the heater thermostat. see less
- Does this item have frost protection?No idea, sorry. My instinct is to say no only because when you look down into the heater from the top you can see all the wiring easily. I can say it's a great heater it warms a big living room. The thermostat works very well. Sorry I cannot be of more help.
- If i am to use this before bedtime to heat the room up an hour before, what wattage do iput it on?I put it on full then turn it down once room is warm